Thyroidinum 3X, homeopathic trituration tablets are used to treat Hypothyroidism by regulating the thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid glands. It has other indications and uses as well. It is prepared from the dried thyroid gland of bovine origin .
Dosage of Thyroidinum 3X
Unless otherwise prescribed, 1-2 tablets 2-3 times daily before meal. For children, one tablet twice a day and when symptoms improve one tablet per day. It is always best to consult a registered homeopathic specialist before taking any homeopathic medicine, as they could provide proper guidance on doses and duration.
The indications of Thyroidinum 3X
- It helps treat anemia, emaciation, muscular weakness, sweating, headache, nervous tremors of the face and limbs, tingling sensations, and paralysis.
- Increased heart rate, exophthalmos, and dilation of pupils.
- In myxoedema and cretinism, rheumatoid arthritis, rickets, a delayed union of fractures, and muscle wasting, undescended testicles in boys, inducing growth and development in children.
- It helps treat psoriasis, arrested development in children, nocturnal enuresis, enhancing memory, goiter, and obesity.
- It is also indicated in vision problems like amblyopia.
- In women, it helps to treat breast tumors, agalactea, uterine fibroid, morning sickness of pregnancy, and fibroid tumors of the breast.
- It helps to dilate the arterioles and increase blood flow.
- A sensation of faintness and nausea, weakness and sensitivity to cold
- Hypothyroidism after acute diseases.
- Easy fatigue, weak pulse, the tendency to faint, palpitation, cold hands and feet, low blood pressure, chilliness, and sensitivity to cold.
- It has a powerful diuretic action in myxoedema and various types of edema.
- Stupor alternating with restless melancholy. Irritable, worse slightest opposition, goes into a rage over trifles.
- Persistent frontal headache with prominent eyeballs, flushed face, and dry lips.
- Anxiety about the chest, as if constricted. Palpitation from least exertion. Severe heart pain. The heart’s action is weak, with numbness in the fingers.
- Dry, painful cough with scanty, difficult expectoration and burning in the pharynx.
- Skin dry, eczema, psoriasis, and itching without eruption, worse night.
- Swelling of glands of stony hardness.
- Jaundice with pruritus, ichthyosis, and lupus.
How can Homeopathic Thyroidinum be a better and safe solution for thyroid diseases?
Before going through more details about the efficiency of Thyroidinum 3X trituration tablets, let us discuss thyroid diseases and their conventional treatment.
What is the thyroid gland?
The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped gland in front of the neck, around the trachea. The thyroid gland produces some hormones that regulate many functions of the body.
When the thyroid produces excessive thyroid hormone, the condition is called hyperthyroidism; if there is reduced thyroid hormone, the condition is called Hypothyroidism. Both conditions need to be treated immediately as they can affect various functions of the body, especially the body’s metabolism.
What is the importance of the thyroid gland?
The thyroid gland controls the metabolism through the hormones T4 or thyroxine and T3 or triiodothyronine. These two hormones regulate the metabolism at the correct rate. The pituitary gland monitors and controls the production of these two hormones through another hormone called TSH or thyroid-stimulating hormone.
Thyroid disease can affect all age groups and sexes, but women are more prone to thyroid conditions than men. Other risk factors are:
- A family history of thyroid disease.
- Any medical condition such as pernicious anemia, Type 1 diabetes, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Sjögren’s syndrome, primary adrenal insufficiency, Turner syndrome, etc.
- Taking medication or food that is high in iodine.
1. Conditions that cause hypothyroidism
- Thyroiditis is a condition where there is swelling of thyroid tissues. Thyroiditis can lower the production of thyroid hormones.
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an autoimmune disorder where the body’s immune cells attack and damage the thyroid tissues.
- Postpartum thyroiditis affects women after childbirth. It is usually a temporary condition.
- Iodine deficiency
- A non-functioning thyroid gland is where the thyroid gland does not function properly from birth.
2. Conditions that cause hyperthyroidism
- Graves’ disease is a condition caused by an overactive thyroid gland that can lead to diffuse toxic goiter.
- Sometimes nodules form within the thyroid gland and get overactive, increasing thyroid hormone production.
- Thyroiditis is when the thyroid releases hormones that are stored for a long time.
- Excessive iodine
3. Other causes of thyroid disease
- Deficiencies of iodine, B vitamins, and various minerals.
- Nutritional toxins, environmental toxins, microorganisms, iatrogenic disorders caused by a medical procedure or drug, and hormonal imbalances.
- Soy isoflavones, potent thyroid inhibitors.
- Estrogen dominance during perimenopause can suppress thyroid function.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and brussels sprouts, when eaten raw, can cause thyroid problems.
- Agricultural sprays, chlorine, and fluorides in water.
- Radiation from nuclear plants and everyday household items such as microwaves, TVs, computers, water beds, electric blankets, and electrical appliances can all affect the thyroid.
- Heavy metals like mercury, cadmium, iron, and arsenic.
- Coxsackie virus, candida fungus overgrowth due to stress, lowered immune system, antibiotic overuse, oral contraceptives, and use of steroids.
What are the common symptoms of thyroid disease?
The symptoms of thyroid problems can be divided into two groups, hyperthyroidism, and Hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism
- Anxiety, irritability, and nervousness
- Weight loss
- Enlarged thyroid gland
- Muscular weakness with tremors
- Sensitivity to heat
- Having vision problems
- Amenorrhea or scanty menses
Symptoms of hypothyroidism
- Feeling tired
- Gaining weight
- Irregular and heavy menstrual periods
- Hair loss with dry, coarse hair
- Voice changes
- Intolerance to cold temperatures
How is thyroid disease diagnosed?
Sometimes, thyroid disease can be challenging to diagnose because the symptoms are similar to other conditions. Some of the tests include:
- Blood tests
- Imaging tests
- Physical exams
Treatment of thyroid problems For high levels of thyroid hormones, the treatment includes:
- Anti-thyroid drugs that stop your thyroid from making hormones.
- Radioactive iodine targets and damages the thyroid cells, preventing them from producing high levels of thyroid hormones.
- Beta-blockers to help manage the symptoms.
- A permanent form of treatment, maybe to surgically remove the thyroid to stop it from producing hormones. But the person must take thyroid replacement hormones for the rest of their life.
If you have Hypothyroidism, the primary treatment is:
- Thyroid replacement medication, the commonly used drug, is called Levothyroxine to manage the symptoms of thyroid disease and lead a normal life.
Tips for a healthy Thyroid and preventing thyroid diseases
Some of the tips for a healthy thyroid and to prevent thyroid diseases are:
- Avoid ultra-processed foods like frozen meals,hot dogs and packaged foods like cookies, cakes, or other snack items.
- Getting enough iron in your daily diet, such as iron-fortified foods like grains, cereals, infant formula, poultry, red meat, seafood, etc.
- Some people may require a Selenium supplement to enhance the functions of the thyroid gland.
Homeopathic Approach to Thyroid Problems
Homeopathy offers a better solution to treat thyroid problems as it considers the individual symptoms of the person while selecting a remedy. Homeopathic remedies can also be given as supportive therapy for treating hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism. Common homeopathic medicines for thyroid diseases are Fucus vesiculosus, Calcarea carbonicum, Iodine, Bromium, Lycopus, Calcarea phosphoricum, Lapis albus, Spongia, Natrum muriaticum, Sepia, Kali carbonicum and Thyroidinum.
Thyroidinum CHProduct on sale
Sepia CHProduct on sale
Lapis albus CHProduct on sale
Kali carbonicum CHProduct on sale
Fucus vesiculosus CHProduct on sale
Bromium CHProduct on sale
Natrum muriaticumProduct on sale
Calcarea phosphoricaProduct on sale
Efficacy of Thyroidinum 3X in Treating Hypothyroidism
The homeopathic remedy Thyroidinum 3X is a medicine prepared from potentizing the dried thyroid gland of bovine. British Homoeopathic physician Dr. J.H. Clarke has done the drug proving of bovine thyroid, the homeopathic remedy Thyroidinum. He treated various cases of thyroid enlargement with symptoms of amenorrhoea, insomnia, constipation, obesity, and edema of the face. He also witnessed a rise in bone density and restoration of hair growth after giving Thyroidinum 3X to his patients.
Thyroidinum LATTProduct on sale
Some of the reported studies on the effect of Thyroidinum 3X
- A clinical study was conducted to assess the role of the homeopathic Thyroidinum 3X trituration tablets in the treatment of Hypothyroidism. It was given as an adjuvant drug along with synthetic Levothyroxine. Synthetic Levothyroxine remains a conventional and lifelong therapy for Hypothyroidism. Therefore, this study aimed to provide a homeopathic solution using Thyroidinum 3X as a supplement for Hypothyroidism.
- The combined therapy of homeopathic remedy Thyroidinum 3X and Levothyroxine has been proven beneficial. Also, tremendous weight loss and symptomatic relief were the results of Thyroidinum 3X.
- This study concludes that Thyroidinum 3X hastens the curative process of primary Hypothyroidism. Furthermore, no adverse effects were recorded when the homeopathic remedy Thyroidinum 3X was given along with allopathic Levothyroxine.
- A preliminary scientific study was conducted to compare the quality of Levothyroxine with Thyroidinum 3X by using UV spectroscopy. Synthetic Levothyroxine 50mg tablet was compared with Thyroidinum 3X tablet of Willmar Schwabe India company. Even though they are derived from different sources, their results were similar under UV spectroscopy. Therefore, it concludes that the action and quality of Levothyroxine are identical to the homeopathic remedy Thyroidinum 3X.
These studies prove that Thyroidinum 3X can be a better solution and is capable of altering TSH levels. Furthermore, as no side effects were noted when Thyroidinum 3X was given along with allopathic Levothyroxine, it proves that Thyroidinum 3X is helpful in treating the symptoms of Hypothyroidism.