Piles or hemorrhoids have been the cause of concern for countless years. They are painful and unpleasant and in many cases due to unbearable pains goes untreated. It has been calculated that one in four people is diagnosed with this problem. Most probably their age of beginning is forty five and above. To understand hemorrhoids, one should know what it is? It is caused due to swollen veins located around the anus or in the lower rectum. These are some of the causes and circumstances:
- Lifting of heavy weights
- Chronic Diarrhea
- Standing or Sitting for long period of time
To detect if one has hemorrhoids following indications should be looked out for:
- Itching around anus
- Accidental leakage of feaces
- Pain during bowel movement
- Blood before or after excretion
Apart from this, there are generally two types of hemorrhoids:
1. External Hemorrhoids: As the name suggests they are present on the outer part of anus as the area around it is quite sensitive.
2. Internal Hemorrhoids: They are quite inside of anus and can’t be detected due to absence of sensitive nerves. The only indication is bleeding during bowel movement to show the presence of hemorrhoids.
As soon as it is detected, one should get a physical examination done by the doctor and get homeopathic treatment for piles to avoid:
1. Clotting: Due to accumulation of blood in the area
2. Anemia: Caused due to significant blood loss
Furthermore, following precautions should be taken into consideration:
1. Pressure: Never put pressure when passing stool unless it is necessary. If there is a case of constipation then take the necessary medication for the ease of passing it.
2. Movement: Do not sit or stand still for longer periods of time. If your work includes sitting a lot then try taking a break for water or a walk outside the office.
3. Regulating the weight: Control the weight of your body. If it is unavoidable due to thyroid or any other issues then consult your doctor.
4. Diet: Intake of a balanced diet is must. Try to include fiber enriched food in your diet such as fruits, vegetables, pulses, nuts, etc. Also drink water as much as possible. This step will help in softening of stools and eases the bowel movement.
5. Never wait: If there is a sudden urge to go to toilet never control it. It hardens the stool and leads to constipation.
If the case of hemorrhoids is severe then a surgery is the last option for this painful issue. Otherwise homeopathic treatment for piles is the best solution.