What is Overweight & Obesity?
Is it difficult for you to adjust to your favourite clothes because of that extra inch of body mass? Do you know this phase is called obesity? You should take proper actions to reduce the extra gained weight. The process of weight loss is not easy.
Obesity is a disease, which stays with you for a long time. It is not good for your overall health. The extra pounds of your body lead your medical conditions to diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. It is a major cause of your increased blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
In the state of being overweight, the fatty components of the diet go beyond the reach of other nutrients. So being fat is not good at all. It doesn’t mean that your body is having extra nourishment. Fat people are anaemic and have vitamin deficiencies which further results in many severe health conditions
Body weight is measured as body mass index (BMI) which is based on the height and weight of an individual. A BMI of 25-29.9 is considered overweight and a BMI of 30 and above is considered obese. However, as per Indian authorities, BMI of 25 and above are considered as obese. Progressive weight gain is most likely attributed to ageing and lifestyle changes whereas fast weight gain can be a sign of underlying health conditions such as thyroid and kidney disorder.
What are the Major Reasons for Weight Gain
Uncontrolled calorie intake:?This involves binging on heavily processed junk food that comprises refined ingredients that taste good but are high on calories too. Some people experience craving for certain foods like sugar-sweetened food and high-fat junk food as they are known to stimulate the reward centers in the brain. This craving eventually leads to unhealthy weight gain. Food with added sugar which is half glucose and half fructose contributes to weight gain.
Hormones: There are several hormonal issues that have been linked with increase in body weight such as:
- Underactive Thyroid Gland: Hormones secreted by thyroid gland are important to maintain normal metabolism of the body. In the case of hypothyroidism this thyroid gland is underactive leading to various symptoms including weight gain. Other common symptoms of underactive thyroid are- fatigue, constipation, feeling cold, dry skin and hair, slow heart rate, pain and stiffness in joints, menstrual irregularity and fertility difficulties.
- PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): It affects women in their childbearing age and has three main features i.e. cysts in ovaries, high levels of male hormones and irregular or skipped periods. The most common symptoms of PCOS are menstrual irregularities, abnormal hair growth on the face, back, belly and chest, acne, weight gain and male pattern baldness.
- Insulin Resistance: Insulin among its various functions regulates energy storage. In insulin resistance elevated insulin levels all over the body cause energy to get stored in fat cells instead of being released in blood for use leading to obesity.
Other less common hormonal disorders leading to weight gain are:
- Acromegaly: It results from an excess amount of growth hormone in the body. Common symptoms of acromegaly are-enlarged bones in the face, feet and hands, excessive hair growth, enlarged tongue or jaw, prominent brow, skin tags, deeper voice, aching joints, snoring and excessive sweating.
- Cushing Syndrome: It occurs due to high levels of cortisol in the body. The most common cause of this is overuse of corticosteroid or glucocorticoids which are drugs used in the treatment of conditions such as asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Most common symptoms are weight gain, fatty deposits especially in the midsection like the face and between the shoulders, purple stretch marks, thin skin that bruises easily, muscle weakness, menstrual irregularity in females and erectile dysfunction in males.
- Leptin Resistance: This appetite reducing hormone which is produced by the fat cells in the body does not work properly in many obese people. What is Overweight & Obesity
Medications: Certain medication like insulin used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus, antipsychotics and antidepressants as well as corticosteroids and glucocorticoids used in the treatment of asthma, rheumatoid arthritis are known to cause weight gain either by reducing metabolism or by increasing appetite.
Genetics: Genetic components affect the tendency to gain weight strongly. It is seen that children of obese parents are much likely to put on weight than the children of lean parents when putting on the same diet. Even studies conducted on identical twins support this fact. Despite this obesity is not entirely determined by genes and lifestyle has a major effect on which genes are expressed or which are not.
Stress: It is seen that stress has a serious effect on the weight of the stressed individual. It can lead to both weight loss and weight gain in the stressed individual. Stressful events like financial loss, loss of a loved one, failure in exams etc. lead to the weight change.
Various behavior changes such as consuming high fat and high sugar foods, overeating as it provides temporary relief from stress, being too busy to exercise, skipping meals, forgetting water, and sleeping less are commonly seen in stressed individuals that lead to weight gain. Chronic stress leads to weight gain as it reduces metabolism and increases the craving for food rich in calories and fats
Why is it important to stay positive towards your weight?
Losing those extra inches and maintaining the ideal digits is a big task. It leads to pressure, stress, happiness and other emotional aspects in one go. Let’s start with some of the practical ways. Following these tips will encourage and help you in dealing with weight loss goals.
1. Swap the negativity of your body with its neutrality. Start believing in yourself. Being overweight is okay. At least, you have begun working on it.
Don’t waste your time and energy on regret. Take a deep breath. Don’t be over positive or over negative.
2. Find the hidden joy in exercising. Regular routines for gym doesn’t bring relief to everyone. There are various medicines for weight loss which are effective, but they are useless if you are ignoring the physical activity part. It requires dedication and hard work.
But you can opt for easy ways like going to a dance class, hiking, swimming class, cycling or just any physical activity. Choose the one which brings inner happiness and zeal, not that exercise which asks you to drag and act as a compulsion.
3. Go on a diet but not by hurting yourself. It is your life. Live it the way you want it to be. Speak with the dietician and make a diet chart which you can follow.
Starting strict rules from the first day, it will do nothing. Once you are comfortable with the diet plan, add more things to it. Following your friends and favorite celebs blindly can be harmful to your body.
4. Medicines play a vital role. But they are of no use if you stop putting your efforts. A good diet plan, regular exercising all have their separate functions in the path of shedding those extra pounds. So consider the medicines that would harm you least.
Phytolacca berry tablets are one of the best homeopathy treatments for weight loss.
5. Think good. Accept and embrace your body type. Don’t be influenced by negative messages. Do not allow others to put you down just because you have those extra inches.
Treasuring good health is the best thing you can do. It requires time so be patient. Set realistic goals to keep yourself motivated.
Remember that being overweight is not a disease. But if you ignore the fact then it becomes dangerous. Just be neutral. Recognize your body and its demands.
And choose the right path whether it is a medicine for weight loss or any natural remedy
Ways to lose weight effectively
At times being overweight or obese does not completely depend on eating habits, lifestyle or other factors. In this case, the person faces an additional weight problem due to genes. If your parents are obese, then the chances are more for you to become obese.
There might be certain medical conditions behind the issues of obesity. Following these tips will help to fight obesity and transform your personality. The tips are easy, but you have to strictly follow them.
1. Find an Exercise of Your Choice
Of course, exercising is the first advice that anyone gives for weight loss. But one mode of exercise does not work for everyone in the same way. It hence becomes important to find out the method that works best for you and that you like the most.
This is so because something that you like will make you want to do it on a daily basis. So it could be yoga, Zumba, dance or even gym that you like the most but unless you try them how will you ever know?
2. Stay Hydrated
This is not only important as a piece of life advice but also for weight loss since drinking water keeps your mind active and refreshed throughout the day and makes you want to remain physically active too.
3. Do not Crash Diet
A crash diet has many harmful effects, one of those is a slowed metabolism which actually makes your body slow down and hence gains more weight instead of losing it. This is so because your body, when hungry, tries to preserve all the remaining energy possible.
4. Team Up
Support from friends and relatives is always welcome. Ask them to help you prepare healthier meals and even join in on your exercises to keep you motivated and willing to go and have a good time with your friends at the gym.
5. Take One Day at a Time
Just like men do not become muscular one day after the gym, women cannot lose weight suddenly too. Give your body the time to adjust to the new schedule. Don’t be too harsh on yourself.
6. Keep a Track of your Calories
Instead of dieting, keep a track of your calorie intake. Visit a dietician if possible who can prepare a proper meal plan for you to follow.
7. Do not Check your Weight Everyday
Working so hard on trying to lose weight will make you have the temptation to check it frequently too. To avoid being demotivated do not do this too frequently.
8. Replace Foods instead of Dropping them off
Replacing foods with healthier ones will bring remarkably beneficial results. For example, replace normal tea with green tea, Maggi with oats, sweets with fruits, and snacks with healthier alternatives like muesli.
9. Keep a Check of your Health
If the weight gain has been sudden or remarkable then do visit a doctor and get your basic tests done to identify any underlying major cause that may require medication.
10. Reduce tension from life
Stress leads to many diseases like depression, asthma, headache, high blood pressure, weak immune system,? stroke, diabetes, sleep disorders, etc. All these diseases are interrelated. You have to make changes in your lifestyle to lose weight.
Why is it good and easy to lose weight with homeopathy?
Homeopathic medicine for weight loss does not harm your body nor cause any side-effect. They give you an easy option to shed your extra weight.
So, being overweight, obese or fatty is not a big issue now! You can easily drop weight with medicines. But, always ask your homeopathic doctor and control your lifestyle.
At times being overweight or obese does not completely depend on eating habits, lifestyle or other factors. In this case, the person faces an additional weight problem due to genes. If your parents are obese, then the chances are more for you to become obese.?
There might be certain medical conditions behind the issues of obesity. Following these tips will help to fight obesity and transform your personality.
Homeopathy Medicine for Weight Management
Homeopathy can provide the best treatment for weight loss. Homeopathic while handling a case of obesity interrogates the patent on both physical and mental spheres. This holistic approach helps to identify the root cause of the problem. Some of the popular homeopathy medicine for weight loss in India are:
This is by far the most commonly used homeopathic weight loss medicine and helps those with a history of obesity since childhood along with a dislike for milk. These patients like to remain in a comfort zone, preferring to stay inside their homes and may have a craving for eggs.
Phytolacca berry tablets
These are famous as homeopathy weight management remedies and this is so because of their properties that help in weight loss even in aged people. Due to its popularity, some call such remedies as homeopathy weight management capsules.
It is one of the famous homeopathic remedy for kidney stones but has shown to show some brilliant effects in women for weight loss especially those with irregular or scanty menses.
This is good medicine for women with a history of gallstones and central obesity more than anywhere else on the body.
It is a weight loss homeopathic medicine for weight loss & for those with a lemon on a stick appearance of the body, ie, the body fat is accumulated on the upper half of the body instead of the lower half.
Treatment of obesity begins with healthy lifestyle changes. Eating nutritious food and in the right amounts is the first step in this direction. Regular and sufficient sleep at night is as important as optimum level of physical activity in the daytime.
Homeopathy can provide the best treatment for weight loss. Homoeopath while handling a case of obesity interrogates the patent on both physical and mental spheres. This holistic approach helps to identify the root cause of the problem.
Specific medicine like Fucus vesiculosus is an often indicated medicine where thyroid disorder is the main cause of obesity. Further Calcarea carbonica and Calcarea iodata are often indicated medicines for thyroid disorders especially occurring around puberty.
Phytolacca decandra is one of the best homeopathic medicines for treatment of obesity due to lifestyle errors. Several anti miasmatic medicines are prescribed based on family history of an individual to treat obesity if genes are seen as the chief culprit. We have homeopathic medicines that target fat accumulated in specific areas of the body like Natrum muriaticum, Thyroidinum, Lycopodium acts best in individuals who have fat accumulated in buttocks and thighs area.
Homeopathy also provides the best treatment where mental causes lead to obesity e.g. Antimonium crudum is indicated for patients who are depressed and have a tendency to overeat leading to obesity.
Thus healthy lifestyle changes and proper Homeopathic medications provide the best solution to treat obesity.