Long or short, blonde or brunette, healthy strong thick and shiny hair are one of the most beautiful assets for a woman. Healthy hair is an indication of a healthy body and a healthy mind. It gives great confidence and enhances the beauty and attitude of a woman.
Though a little hair loss in day-to-day life is common, sometimes it exceeds the limit and falls out in bunches or the hair starts to thin out when it really affects the person’s confidence. The scalp contains around a million hair follicles and each follicle follows a growth cycle, falls out and then is replaced by new hair. Every month a hair shaft grows around half an inch and keeps repeating the cycle and maintains a growth phase all through life.
There are many factors which affect hair growth in women; from physical causes such as heat and chemicals to medical conditions including mental stress, hormonal imbalance, lifestyle factors such as food habits and using too many hairstyle products, etc.
Though many cases of severe hair fall due to various causes are common in women, female baldness in itself is very rare and usually occurs in older women. This condition is called female pattern baldness or androgenic alopecia in women.
- Genetics, it may be passed down from parents to their children, where different genes are involved
- Some endocrine conditions like tumours in the hormone-secreting glands
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Improper diet, crash diets.
- Hair treatments which break or damage the hair, such as straightening irons, bleach, and perms.
- Certain long-term medical conditions such as cancer and medications such as hormone pills, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
- Certain skin and scalp diseases such as tinea capitis, alopecia areata
- Certain physical factors such as constant sun exposure, pollution and chemicals
- Some dyes and hair colors too can damage the hair.
Prevention and management of hair loss:
- A healthy diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and water.
- Using mild and natural hair products.
- Taking supplements such as vitamins, iron and calcium.
- Avoid harsh hair treatments.
- Regular oil massages, etc.
Homeopathic management for hair fall and medicines to enhance hair growth:
There are many medicines in homeopathy that help in improving and treating the conditions. In addition to the medicines that are to be taken orally, there are many good hair growth oils containing ingredients used in homeopathy. There are also shampoos containing the herbs used in homeopathy. They help in the re-growth of hair and rejuvenating the hair follicles by nourishing the scalp. They contain natural ingredients without any known side effects.
Homeopathy medicine for hair growth
There are many remedies helpful in the conditions of hair fall. Some of the most important medicines are Acidum fluoricum, Acidum phosphoricum, Natrum muriaticum, Silicea, Phosphorus, Mezereum, Kali carbonicum, Kali sulphuricum, Lycopodium, Graphites, Selenium, Vinca minor, etc. Some of the mother tinctures are Arnica montana, Jaborandi, Ceonathus americanus, Salvia officinalis, etc.
Homeopathic shampoo for hair fall
Actually, there is no typical homeopathic shampoo. B&T Arnica Shampoo and B&T Anti-dandruff Shampoo from Schwabe India are enriched with the natural herbs used in homeopathy. They are known to have desired effect in the condition of hair fall. They are mild and give a natural sheen to the hair.
Homeopathic hair growth oil
Some of the best hair oils include Zauberol, Hair Growth Oil, 7oL and Anti-dandruff oil, which contain well-known popularly used herbs in homeopathy. They are formulated to be effective in controlling hair loss and dandruff.