With the beginning of monsoon season in this country, troubles such as cold, cough, viral, malaria, dengue, etc. become common amongst the masses. Even after these other sicknesses get cured, cough remains constant for a long while. It is because a cough gets induced by respiratory issues. Any minor triggerin the respiratory passage leads to coughing.?
There are many factors which cause cough:
- Infections such as viral, pneumonia, cold, tuberculosis?
- Chronic diseases such as bronchitis or asthma?
- Exposure to anti-environmental elements such as smoke, smog or pollution.
- Intake of certain medications
If left untreated, a common type of a cough becomes a problem causing other infections in the body. Therefore there are a few homeopathic medicines for cough generally recommended by homoeopaths..
Some of them are listed below:
Antimonium sulphuratum aureum : It is useful for dry hard cough, winter cough, accumulation of tough mucus in bronchi and larynx, increased mucus sputum, mixed with blood and of sweetish taste, and congestion of upper lobe of the lung.
Antimonium tartaricum: It acts on hoarseness, burning sensations in the chest, rattling of mucus with little expectoration, short, rapid and difficult respiration, bronchial tubes overloaded with mucus, and emphysema of the aged.
Bryonia alba : It acts on pharyngolaryngitis and dry bronchitis. It covers cough mostly dry, excited by a tickling in the throat.
Coccus cacti: It is indicated for spasmodic and whooping cough, coryza, accumulation of thick viscid mucus which is difficult to expectorate, tickling in the larynx, suffocative cough and chronic bronchitis.
Drosera rotundifolia is a known remedy for whooping cough. It relieves paroxysms which follow each other rapidly, choking and retching, dry irritative cough aggravated on talking, hoarseness and roughness in the throat.
Ipecacuanha reduces spasmodic irritation of the chest. It acts on dyspnoea, chest pain, incessant and violent cough, rattling and attacks of spasmodic and suffocative cough with nausea.
Justicia adhatoda is a highly efficacious remedy for acute catarrhal conditions of the respiratory tract. Coryza with cough, hoarseness, paroxysmal cough with suffocating obstruction of respiration, dyspnoea, symptoms of asthma and whooping cough are also covered by this ingredient.
Rumex crispus is indicated for coughs caused by incessant tickling in the back of the throat. It acts on dry coughs aggravated by inspiring cold air, which cause stringy and tough expectoration. Rumex is known to diminish the secretion of mucous membranes.
Spongia tosta acts on respiratory organs. Hoarseness, dryness of larynx leading to dry barking cough, croup, short and difficult respiration are covered. The cough is relieved while drinking or eating.
Sticta pulmonaria is indicated for coryza, bronchial catarrh and influenza. Raw throat, dropping of mucus posteriorly, dry hacking cough at night, and tracheitis are covered. In cases of loose cough it facilitates expectoration.
Senega acts on catarrhal symptoms of the respiratory tract. Hoarseness leading to temporary loss of voice, backache on coughing, hacking cough, oppression in the chest, bronchitis, rattling, difficult raising of tough, profuse mucus and chronic emphysema are covered.
- Alpha CC: It is for cough of chronic nature.
- Alpha ? Coff: A cough syrup which covers both dry and productive cough.?
- Biocombination 06: It is for a cough and cold
- Nisikind: This medicine is for children having trouble with a cough and breathing problems.
- Tussistin: For Dry cough, larynx accumulated with mucous are the issues resolved by this medicine
- Senega Pentarkan: Discomfort due to soreness caused by cough, clogging in the chest and acute bronchitis.?
Beside these there are other supportive methods to get rid of cough:
- Gargling with salt water
- Steam from boiled turmeric root, eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil eases mucous
- Drink ginger and tulsi tea
- Have hot milk and honey
- Chewing raw stick of licorice reduces throat infection
- Having a spoonful mixture of honey and ginger relaxes throat
- Drinking warm aloe juice removes congestion from the respiratory tract.?
There are other basic precautions such as avoiding smoking, getting drenched in rain, keeping a distance from sick and bed-ridden, etc. to stay healthy and safe this monsoon.