Introduction to Homoeopathy?& Yoga
Homoeopathy and yoga are a part of the AYUSH medicine system of India. Though these are said to be a part of indigenous alternative systems of medicine in India, these are renowned by the world today. The holistic and gentle approach of treatment by Homeopathy and the body and mind relaxant techniques of yoga, make them unique. Both of these systems possess the quality of treating the sick naturally and gently.
How taking the help of homoeopathy & yoga can increase your immunity?
A minute amount of drug substance prepares homoeopathic medicines. They act by stimulating the body?s defence mechanism, i.e., the immune system of the body. It is how they increase immunity. While yoga tends to keep us stress-free by producing relaxation, it keeps us physically fit as well. This way, yoga keeps us healthy and helps in maintaining the immune system at its foremost.?
As per the current situation, we all are facing the adverse effects of the pandemic COVID-19. There is no specific treatment and vaccine available under the conventional system of medicine. A robust immune system is necessary to fight this disease to produce antibodies against this virus. Yoga helps to keep us relaxed, physically as well as mentally. In this scenario, the Homeopathic system has immense scope in the treatment as well as prophylaxis of this disease. It is because it helps in raising the immunity of the body and hence removes the disease naturally. Trials under prophylaxis sphere have already conducted by various state governments of India with successful results while trials in the treatment of COVID-19 by Homeopathy are under process.?
Benefits of Homeopathy & Yoga
- Both yoga and homoeopathy help the body to heal naturally.
- Homoeopathy treats the person as a whole, i.e., creates and maintain the equilibrium of the body?s internal environment. Yoga also creates the inner harmony of the mind and body and unites them by a sense of relaxation.
- Free from side-effects: Both the systems tend to heal and maintain health naturally. It is done by stimulating the body and creating a positive healing response by the body. Hence, unlike the conventional mode of treatment, these are free from any side-effects.
- Anxiety and stress-busters: Yoga helps to keep the brain stress-free by its breathing exercises, postures and meditations. Homoeopathy helps to fight off the stress and anxiety by its medicines.
- Immunity booster: As mentioned above, both help to improve and boost up the body?s immune system.
Homoeopathy is an alternative system of medicine based on the principle of Similia similibus curanter, i.e., like cures like. The medication is selected upon the basis of individualization of the person, i.e., individualized, tailored treatment is given to every patient under this system. This fact is based upon that every human is different from one another; their complaints differ from each other. So their treatment should also vary mainly in terms of Homeopathic medicine. The homoeopathic remedies are so prepared that their dose becomes infinitesimally small. This property makes it free from side-effects. In the wake of COVID-19, following are the benefits of homoeopathy:
- Preventive treatment: In the past epidemics of diseases such as Spanish flu, Scarlet fever, Cholera, Japanese encephalitis, etc., it has shown its exponentially good results in their prevention and treatment. Homoeopathy has immense scope in its prevention and treatment. Arsenicum album 30 has been declared as the homoeopathic prophylactic medicine for COVID-19 by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.?
- Reduce stress with homoeopathy: The stress and anxiety created by the current pandemic have resulted in adverse effects upon the mental health of the whole population. There are many homoeopathic medicines like Aconitum napellus, Argentum nitricum, Gelsemium, Kali arsenicosum, Ginseng, etc., to overcome this stress and anxiety. Selection of the medicine is according to the principle of individualization. One should consult a registered homoeopathic practitioner to get the medicine.
- Homoeopathic medicines for immunity: COVID-19 is a disease which shows its worse effects upon the people who have low immunity. Only a robust immune system can help in fighting off this infection. As mentioned above, homoeopathic medicines can increase immunity by stimulating the body?s immune system. There are many homoeopathic medicines which can help in improving immunity. The principle of individualization is the basis of their selection.
- Homoeopathic treatment for COVID-19: For trials of COVID-19 disease?s homoeopathic treatment permission has granted.?
- Safe and effective for other disease conditions like skin affections, arthritis, hair treatment, digestion ailments, female problems, mental disorders, etc.
The word yoga from a Sanskrit word ?Yuji? is derived, which means union or yoke. It is an ancient practice discovered and developed by the Indian civilization since time immemorial. Under this system, it is said that it brings the mind and body together. It includes the practice of exercises which emphasizes upon breathing; meditation and poses which induce relaxation and reduce stress. There are several other benefits of yoga which keeps you fit and healthy during the time of challenges given by COVID-19 pandemic:
- Promotes relaxation: It helps to keep down the stress and anxiety by relaxing the mind. The breathing exercises and meditation, along with a touch of spirituality, helps to calm the mind and promotes its relaxation.
- Improves drainage of lymph: Stretching of muscles and movement of the whole body while doing various yoga postures, helps in better drainage of the lymphatic fluid. By better drainage of toxic wastes and improves immunity, it helps to keep the body healthy. It is need of the hour during the lockdown period when we are not allowed to go out and have limited physical activities.
- Improvement of muscle strength and flexibility: With the regular practice of yoga postures like a backbend, touching your toes without bending knees, etc., helps to improve your flexibility. It also improves the muscles strength. A flexible body and strong muscle strength can endure any adverse events and also make you look good.
- Helps you cope with your chronic diseases like diabetes mellitus, hypertension, etc.
- Reduce and maintain weight: It does so by burning your calories and reduce the risk of diseases related to excessive weight.?
Homoeopathy and yoga are indigenous alternative systems of medicine grouped under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. Homoeopathy is a holistic system of medicine while yoga comprises of breathing, meditation and postural exercises. Both of these helps to treat the sick naturally. Both homoeopathy and yoga help to boost up the immunity by their mode of action in the current situation where we all are facing the adverse effects of COVID-19 pandemic.?
There is no specific treatment and vaccine available under conventional treatment. Hence, increasing the immunity of our body is necessary. Both of these alternative systems of medicine can help in raising our immunity and can keep us healthy and fit when used together. While homoeopathic remedies are free from any side-effects, yoga helps to make a person physically fit. Both help to relieve stress and make the person feel relaxed. Both these systems, when used and practised together, complement each other and helps in healing the person as a whole, viz., at the physical, mental and emotional plane. Hence, we can say that homoeopathy and yoga are the keys to living a healthier and happier life.