What is dry cough?
A dry cough produces very little or no mucus caused by burning in the throat or chest. It is most often the result of infection caused by cold and flu viruses. It can be activated by the atmospheric pollutants irritating your throat. Dry cough occur because the back of your throat is inflamed and may also arise deeper from the chest.
Here are a few reasons that are known to cause dry cough –
1. Viral infections
2. Acid Reflux
4. Air pollutants
5. Bacterial infection
7. Psychological conditions
8. Excessic Stress
9. Underlying medical conditions such as Asthma, Heart disease, whooping cough, lung problems and cancer, tuberculosis.
1. Cough with or without blood
2. Feeling short of breath
3. Feeling feverish
4. Tired and lethargic
5. Experience unexplained weight loss
6. Suffering from asthma and experiencing a dry cough
7. Unexplained persistent cough
1. Wash your hands regularly to avoid infection.
2. Drink plenty of fluids
3. Eat healthy to build immunity.
4. Protect the body by wearing warm clothes.
5. Cough or sneeze into a tissue/handkerchief
6. Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth
7. Keep distance from people to prevent spreading cold
8. Take medicines regularly
Homeopathy medicine for dry cough –
Homeopathy has an excellent depository of medicines for treating cough. It is known to help shorten the duration and severity of your cold symptoms, as well as to improve how you feel during the process. There are homeopathic medicines for treating nearly every kind of cough. Schwabe brings to you some effective homeopathy medicine for dry cough listed below –
- Alpha CC
- Tussistin Plus
- Alpha Coff
- Justisia adaithoda MT
- Grindelia Pentarkan
- Rumex crispus MT
- Aconitum Pentarkan
- Senega MT
- Ocimum Sanctum MT
If the reason of the cough is obvious then treating the underlying issue will give you the best chance of relief. So it is always suggested to consult the doctor. A doctor can understand your symptoms and recommend the appropriate treatment for you.