Indigestion has become a common problem these days. It is also known as stomach upset and dyspepsia. Indigestion is not a disease per se. it is a general term for uneasiness, pain or a sensation of fullness which can be experienced soon after eating in the upper abdomen. These symptoms can be felt on daily basis or occasionally.
What are the common causes of indigestion?
Indigestion is not a disease by itself. It is commonly a result of faulty lifestyle practices. Such causes of indigestion are:-
- Eating hurriedly
- Consuming fatty and spicy food.
- Excessive intake of chocolate, coffee, carbonated beverages
- Consumption of alcohol
- Smoking cigarettes
- Taking certain allopathic medications such as antibiotics, painkiller
- Taking certain supplements especially iron supplements
Also at times indigestion is due to some other underlying pathology. Such causes of indigestion are:-
- Gastritis or inflammation of stomach?s lining
- Peptic ulcers
- Gall bladder stones
- Celiac disease
- Pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas
- Cancer of stomach
- Blockage of intestines
- Decrease in the blood flow to the intestine
What changes in the lifestyle are needed to help prevent indigestion?
Mild cases of indigestion can be helped by making certain lifestyle changes. These include the following:-
- One should avoid the food items that have been experienced as causing indigestion.
- Instead of eating three large meals it is more advisable to consume five- six small meals throughout the day.
- Reduce and if possible eliminate the intake of alcoholic drinks and caffeine.
- Avoid taking certain pain killer medivations especially ibuprofen, aspirin and naproxen sodium.
- Find other options for medications that are known to trigger indigestion.
- Taking measures like regular yoga, meditation, relaxation techniques to control stress and anxiety.
What is the general treatment for indigestion?
Many a times the cause of indigestion cannot be elicited. Such dyspepsia with no known cause is called non ulcer or functional dyspepsia. Indigestion when without any underlying pathology does not cause any serious complication.
Though it can adversely affect the routine of the sufferer compelling the person to eat less and even avoid his favorite food items. Due to the uneasiness caused by indigestion the person might be compelled to take leave from school or work.
However in cases when indigestion is due to some underlying pathology there can be associated complications due to the disease. In such cases medications are required. In conventional system of medicine the first line of treatment is antacids.
Other options commonly prescribed are:-
- Proton pump inhibitors and H-2-receptor antagonists that reduce stomach acid. They are prescribed when along with indigestion there is heartburn.
- Prokinetics that help when digestion is slow.
- Antibiotics- If indigestion is due to infection with H.pylori bacteria
- Anti- anxiety and antidepressants medicines.
But these commonly prescribed medicines in allopathy have too many side effects. Also they only provide a quick fix solution to the problem. It is often seen that the symptoms relapse when the medicines are stopped.
In some cases the symptoms continue to worsen despite being on treatment. Also medications like those for anxiety and depression are habit forming in nature.
As a solution to this, Schwabe India has developed a highly effective solution to combat various indigestion troubles. Prominent among these is Dr Willmar Schwabe Dizester Herbal Digestive Tonic.
This herbal medicine for indigestion has antispasmodic property and it is especially developed to ease various symptoms of indigestion such as:-
- Early satiety during meals. In this the person after eating only some part of his meal starts to feel full and unable to finish his meals.
- Full feeling that lasts for long after meals.
- Bloating or uncomfortable feeling of tightness in the upper abdomen
- Uneasiness in the upper abdomen- In this the person complains of mild to severe pain in the region between the bottom of sternum and navel.
- Burning sensation in the upper abdomen- In this the person suffers from heat sensation in the region between the bottom of sternum and navel.
- Flatulence or buildup of gas causing eructation and /or discharge of flatus.
- Nausea or feeling to vomit which less frequently does end up in vomiting.
What is the composition of Dizester herbal?
The ingredients present in digester herbal include- Kala jeera (Carum carvi), Sanay(Cassia angustifolia), Amaltas (Casia fistula), Jeera (Cuminum cyminum), Hing(Ferula asafoetida), Saunf(Foeniculum vulgare), Pudina (Mentha piperita), Moringa (Morings oleifera), Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans), Harad (Terminalia chebula), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), and Sonth (Zingiber officinale). These ingredients impart antispasmodic and antacid properties to digester herbal.
Thus to combat the growing menace of indigestion, Schwabe has developed a very effective and safe solution in form of dizester herbal.
The product has been developed after thorough trial and testing. Kala jeera (Carum carvi), Sanay(Cassia angustifolia), Amaltas (Casia fistula), Jeera (Cuminum cyminum), Hing(Ferula asafoetida), Saunf(Foeniculum vulgare), Pudina (Mentha piperita), Moringa (Morings oleifera), Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans), Harad (Terminalia chebula), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), and Sonth (Zingiber officinale) are the ingredients used to make dizester herbal.
Purity of the ingredients used and strict adherence to standards while manufacturing, gives dizester herbal a leading edge. Well known for the credibility of its methods and products this digestive tonic is one solution for many digestion related problems.
It has antispasmodic property that helps to ease the trouble of flatulence, bloating, easy satiety or even loss of appetite, hyperacidity and even nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea in worse cases. This tonic causes no side effects. Also dizester herbal is specially prepared in sugar free medium.
This is kept in mind so that even the patients with diabetes can safely consume it. Those patients who are on dieting and even the fitness freaks can keep their calories in check while they continue to enjoy the benefits of this tonic.
This is an over the counter product and safe to use for both acute problem of indigestion and for acute exacerbation in chronic dyspepsia. However injudicious use of anything is wrong and one must consult a trained homeopathic physician on regular basis.