What is Sore Throat?
A sore throat is a painful, scratchy or irritated condition of throat that worsens when you swallow. The most common known cause for sore throat is a viral infection such as a cold or flu. A sore throat is caused by a virus resolves on its own.
Strep throat on the other hand is a less common type of throat infection caused by bacteria and requires treatment to prevent complications. Other less common causes of sore throat may need more complex treatment.
The symptoms of sore throat can vary depending on what caused it. It can make you feel –
- fever/running nose
It may hurt when you swallow or talk. Sometimes, white patches or areas of pus forms on the tonsils. These white patches are more common in strep throat than in sore throat caused by a virus.
- Cold, flu and other infections
- Strep throat and other infections
- Dry Air
- HIV infections
- Smoke, chemicals and irritants
- Tumor of the throat
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid sharing food or drinking from utensils
- Cough or sneeze in a tissue and throw it away immediately
- Use alcohol based hand sanitizers
- Avoid touching public phones and other stuff
- Clean your accessories regularly to avoid any kind of infection
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Homeopathic medicine for throat infection
Schwabe’s SOLIDAGO VIRGAUREA MT is an effective homeopathic medicine for throat infection that offers relief from burning throat. Alpha Tons provides prompt and effective relief from acute and chronic tonsillitis and inflammation. It takes care of pulsating pain and reduces swelling and stimulates healing process. Alpha WD strengthens immune system to prevent recurring respiratory infections and promotes recovery. Biocombination No. 10 offers relief in cases of enlarged tonsils. Therefore, homeopathic medicines for throat infection is effective in treating the acute symptoms of sore throat.