Good facial skin is not only an indicator of good health but it also adds to the self-confidence of an individual. According to dermatologists, regardless of the type of skin one should wash the face regularly. Through this article, we will know why it is important to wash the face and how often the face should be washed in a day.
Why is it important to wash the face daily?
The face is the most exposed part of the body. The facial skin acts as a waterproof barrier against the external environment. The sebum secreted by the oil glands as well as the sweat secreted by the sweat glands of the facial skin together hampers the growth of harmful bacteria and fungi.
The uppermost layer of the skin called the epidermis filters dirt, dust, chemicals etc present in the environment and prevents their entry into the body.
The melanin present in the facial skin protects against the damage by the harmful ultraviolet sun rays.
Therefore it is important to wash the face thoroughly to wash off excess oil, dirt, germs, makeup, sweat and anything that can clog the pores of the skin or make it look dull.
How often one should wash the face in a day?
According to dermatologists, for most people, washing the face twice a day is recommended, i.e. in the morning and at night. Washing the face every night is the bare minimum. This is because sweat, natural oils, pollution, and dirt accumulate on the outer skin layer during the day. If all this is not removed at the end of the day it can lead to inflammation of the skin and even acne breakout.
Also washing the face in the morning is recommended to help clear away oil from the hair or bacteria from the saliva that gets easily transferred to the face and eyes while tossing and turning in the bed at night.
What is the right way to wash the face?
For best results, one must wash the face quickly, thoroughly and gently. Washing the face for a long can lead to dryness and irritation of the skin. It is recommended by dermatologist to wash the face within 20-30 seconds. Also one must not wash the face aggressively. To wash the face one must first wet the face with lukewarm water and then massage the cleanser on the face with the help of fingertips in a circular motion. Wash the face thoroughly including the T- zone (forehead, nose and chin) and U- zone (jawline area) as people often tend to ignore these areas while washing the face. Once the cleanser lather up rinse and dab dry with a clean and soft towel.
What is better for facial skin soap or face wash?
As part of an important skincare routine, it is strongly advised to use face wash and not soap. The face wash which is best suited to a given skin type contains ingredients that are needed to maintain the optimum health of the skin.
What are the tips to have good skin?
Following skin care practices can help in having healthy facial skin:-
- To prevent the clogging of pores, blackheads and blemishes always remove the make-up before going off to sleep.
- Remove the dead skin layer by exfoliating the skin once or twice a week.
- Always use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 which blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Use sunscreen even in cloudy weather and in winter. If going to sea-beach or areas with reflective surfaces like ice, use sunscreen with SPF of at least 30.
- Eat plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables.
- A Diet low in sugar and fat content and rich in vitamin C leads to glowing skin.
- Regular exercise such as jogging, running and yoga help to improve blood circulation.
- Take sleep for at least eight hours every night. Not getting adequate sleep can cause sagging of the skin under the eyes which results in developing eye bags.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day. Also, try and have vegetables and fruits that have high water content. These include cucumber, strawberry, watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges etc.
- If someone wears glasses it is highly recommended to regularly clean them to prevent the oil from clogging the pores present around the eyes and nose.
- For those with acne on face, avoid popping or even touching acne as it may cause more irritation, swelling, redness, and at times even scarring.
- Practice stress management techniques such as yoga, meditation and breathing exercises regularly to avoid stress. This is because high level of stress causes the release of cortisol and other such hormones by the body. These hormones lead to oily skin which is more prone to acne.
- Always use a face wash instead of soap to wash the face.
What is B&T Cleansing Neem face wash?
Considering the importance of using face wash for facial skin care rather than soap, Dr Wilmar Schwabe has launched B&T Cleansing Neem face wash. It is a dermatologist-tested soap-free homoeopathic facewash that has the goodness of medicinal herbs namely Neem, Berberis, Calendula and Echinacea Angustifolia.
What are the benefits of B&T Cleansing Neem face wash?
Neem face wash benefits are:
- It washes away excess oil that attracts dirt and bacteria and cleanses the skin.
- The medicinal herbs in this homeopathic face wash prevent comedones and acne.
- It helps prevent blemishes and improves the complexion.
- It is mild and can be used on daily basis for clean and clear skin.
How often B&T Cleansing Neem face wash can be used?
For fresh, clear and soft skin B&T Cleansing Neem face wash should be used twice a day. Apply the face wash to the slightly wet face. Then gently massage it with the help of fingertips in circular motion. Wash the face thoroughly and pat dry with a clean towel.
Are there any side effects of B&T Cleansing Neem face wash?
There are no known side effects of B&T Cleansing Neem face wash.
Are there any contraindications for using B&T Cleansing Neem face wash?
B&T Cleansing Neem face wash should not be used by children under 3 years of age.
B&T Cleansing Neem Face WashProduct on sale
Healthy and glowing facial skin is a desire of one and all. It not only indicates overall good health but adds to the self-confidence of an individual. For healthy facial skin certain skin care practices are found to be very helpful. One must wash the face regularly. This is important to wash off the sweat, dirt, dust, germs and excess oil that accumulates on the face throughout the day. It is advised to wash the face twice a day in the morning and night.
One must use a face wash instead of soap to wash face as the facial skin is very sensitive to other parts of the body. Apart from this adequate sleep hours, consuming a balanced diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, plenty of water intake, regular exercise, and regular exfoliation of the skin are part of a healthy skincare routine.
Dr Wilmar Schwabe India has launched dermatologist tested B&T Neem face wash for regular skin care. This homeopathic face wash for oily skin helps to remove excess oil and dirt and prevents the occurrence of acne, comedones and blemishes. It is safe for daily use. However it should not be applied on children below 3 years of age.