We all practice hand hygiene routines sincerely.? But it is important to know that our face needs to be washed regularly too. However, unlike hands and the rest of the body, our face needs more care. Through this article, we will know the benefits of using face wash on a daily basis.?
Why does facial skin need more care and attention than the skin on the rest of the body?
The appearance and the condition of the facial skin are important parameters to assess overall health. The skin on the face is very thin and sensitive. The skin around the eyes is even more delicate and thinner.
This sensitive facial skin not only acts as a barrier against the external environment but it is almost always exposed to the factors such as UV rays and sun as compared to the rest of the body.
Also the way our skin looks deeply impacts our self-confidence. Being a highly visible part of the body any problem with the facial skin can lead to embarrassment and loss of self-confidence.
As a result facial skin is the focus of so many skincare products as well skincare research.
What are different types of skin?
Everyone has a different type of skin. There are five types of skin. These are:-
Normal Skin- This skin is neither too oily nor too dry. It has a soft appearance, regular texture and no imperfections.
Sensitive Skin– It is the delicate skin that tends to be red, itchy, dry, rough, hot and tight. It is very prone to allergies and infections.
Dry Skin– Apart from external factors such as weather, use of very hot water and low humidity some people tend to have dry skin always. Dry skin appears to be rough, desquamated, red and may develop small cracks.
Oily Skin– It appears porous, bright, and humid due to excess production of sebum by the oil glands. It is common in people below 30 years of age and commonly seen with acne.
Combination Skin– This skin has features of both dry and oily skin as the distribution of sweat and oil glands is not uniform. Commonly it is seen that the skin on cheeks is normal or dry and the skin of the T-zone i.e. forehead, nose, and chin is oily.
What are the tips to have healthy facial skin?
- Always remove the makeup before going to sleep. This prevents the clogging of pores which may otherwise cause blackheads and blemishes.
- Exfoliate the skin once or twice a week to remove the dead skin layer.
- Always apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 which blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Use sunscreen even in winters and cloudy weather. If going to a beach or areas with a reflective surface like ice and snow, then use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Eat plenty of fruits, green vegetables, adequate vitamins and proteins. Diet low in sugar and fats and rich in vitamin C promotes glowing skin.
- Exercise regularly such as jogging, running and yoga which improve blood circulation and the cleansing process of the body.
- Try and get at least eight hours of sleep every night. Not getting plenty of sleep can result in sagging of the skin under the eyes which results in getting eye bags.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Also try to eat vegetables and fruits which have high water content. These include cucumber, watermelon, strawberry, oranges, cantaloupe etc.
- If someone wears sunglasses or glasses it is recommended to clean them regularly in order to avoid the oil from clogging the pores around the nose and eyes.
- Avoid popping acne, if any, as it may lead to more redness, swelling and at times even scarring.
- Avoid stress as much as possible by practicing stress management techniques such as yoga, breathing exercises and meditation. This is because stress causes the body to produce more cortisol and other such hormones. These hormones make the skin more oily and prone to acne.
- Always use a face wash and not a soap to wash the face.
What are the 10 reasons why the skin looks better when we use face wash every day?
As part of an important skin care routine it is strongly advised to use face wash and not soap. The face wash which is best suited to a given skin type contains ingredients that are needed to maintain the optimum health of the skin.
?The 10 reasons why the skin looks better when we use face wash everyday are:-
- Our skin is acidic with a pH between 4 and 6.5. Face wash maintains the skin?s pH and makes the skin look well hydrated and naturally moisturized.
- The face has multiple pores and the face wash helps to unclog the congested pores. The skin remains clear and free of pimples, acne or blemishes by the regular use of face wash.
- Face wash prevents stripping away the natural oils secreted by the face and thus avoids damage by harmful UV rays. This keeps the skin wrinkle-free for long.
- Face wash removes the dirt and pollutants that had gathered on the face throughout the day which makes the skin look clean and fresh.
- Face wash effectively helps to remove the viruses and bacteria that deposit on the skin which keeps the skin sanitized and healthy.
- The exfoliating face wash sloughs off the dead skin cells that are present on the face. This makes the skin look glowing and clean.
- The skin looks radiant and lighter in complexion with the use of skin lightening face wash. Skin lightening face wash is infused with vitamins that nourish the skin and lighten the dark spots.
- Face wash helps to minimize the size of the pores by effectively cleaning the debris from the tract of the pores. This improves the texture and appearance of the skin.
- Even very sensitive skin remains safe and without any itchiness and flaking with regular use of the face wash.
- The skin can be cleaned more conveniently as face wash are easy to carry in hand bags etc.
What is B&T cleansing Neem face wash?
?It is dermatologists tested soap free homeopathic face wash. It is enriched with Neem, Calendula, Echinacea angustifolia and Berberis. It has several benefits such as:-
- It cleanses the skin and avoids comedones and acne.
- It removes excess oil which otherwise attracts bacteria and dirt.
- It makes the skin clear, soft, fresh and blemish free if used regularly.
Who all can use B&T cleansing Neem face wash?
B&T cleansing neem face wash can be used by those who have oily skin and tendency for comedones and acne. It can be used by both males and females. However children below the age of 3 years should avoid using this face wash.
For how long B&T cleansing Neem face wash can be used?
B&T cleansing Neem homeopathic face wash for oily skin is herbal and dermatologists tested. It can be used on a daily basis for a dirt free and clean face.
How is B&T cleansing Neem face wash used for washing the face?
It is advised to first slightly wet the face and then massage the B&T face wash gently on the face in circular motion using the finger tips. Then wash off the face thoroughly and pat dry with the help of a clean towel.
How often B&T cleansing Neem face wash should be used in a day?
For best results it is advised to use the B&T cleansing Neem face wash twice a day.
Facial skin is the crucial indicator of overall health. Good and healthy facial skin adds to self- confidence. Facial skin need special care as it is more sensitive than the skin on other parts of the body. Also it is most exposed to the harmful UV rays of the sun. Based on the hydration, sensitivity levels and oil secretion healthy skin has five types i.e. oily, dry, normal, sensitive, and combination skin.
Several tips such as regular exercise, eating a balanced and healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables, drinking plenty of water, having adequate sleep, removal of makeup before sleeping, and using sunscreen with adequate SPF help to keep skin healthy.
For cleaning facial skin on daily basis face wash are more beneficial than regular soaps. Face wash maintains the pH of the skin between 4 to 6.5. It washes the dirt, pollutants, bacteria and viruses from the face without stripping the natural oils from the face.
Due to this it helps to keep the skin clean, clear, acne and blemish free. Face wash is also easier to carry than soaps. B&T cleansing Neem homeopathic face wash helps to effectively clean dirt and sebum from oily skin. It is dermatologists tested and herbal making it safe for daily use. It is however not recommended to be used for children below 3 years of age.