Kali muriaticum is a homoeopathic medicine useful in complaints of the muscles, nerves and the blood. It is highly indicated in cases of cold accompanied by white discharges. Even ear complaints accompanied by white discharges are greatly benefited by this remedy. Its red line symptom is a white or grey coating at the base of the tongue.
What is Kali muriaticum?
Kali muriaticum is a medicine made from the elements Potassium and Chloride. It is a tissue remedy and is hence useful in conditions that arise from a lack of these elements in the body. Tissue remedies are also called as biochemic remedy or biochemic salt or Schuessler salt. The most significant feature of this remedy is its white discharges which accompany almost all complaints. Kali muriaticum homeopathy medicine is of use in complaints where there are catarrhal discharges involved and in cases of inflammations and swellings. It is also helpful in joint pains especially of the knees where inflammation is the origin of the problem. It is a tissue remedy and is related to fibrin. It hence helps absorb white and thick discharges.
What are the main spheres of action of this remedy?
There are multiple aspects of the body on which this remedy has a beneficial effect. These include the following:
- Head: Complaints of the scalp such as dandruff and infections accompanied by white scaly eruptions. Severe pain in the head associated with vomits.
- Eyes: White discharge from the eyes resembling mucus. Infections of the eyes accompanied by thick white discharges.
- Ears: Chronic complaints of the ears accompanied by white scaly discharges. Pain and swelling around the ears. Tinnitus and sounds heard in the ear due to chronic ear complaints. Difficulty in balancing due to the same.
- Respiratory: Thick white discharge from the nose. Stubborn crusty eruptions causing nosebleed on trying to dislodge them. Nose feels very stuffy. Difficulty in breathing as a result of swelling of the tonsils. Thick white eruptions on the tonsils. Pain in ears accompanied by throat complaints. Cough accompanied by thick white discharge that is difficult to expectorate. Difficulty in breathing accompanied by complaints of the stomach. Spasmodic nature of the cough. Breathlessness along with rattling of mucus when coughing indicating the tenacious nature of the mucus. It is hence an extremely helpful remedy in case of respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and seasonal allergies.
- Gastric: Complaints arising after consuming fatty foods. Unable to digest sweet and rich foods laden with oil and fats. Water brash and vomiting of white mucus like material. Pain in abdomen arising from constipated bowels. Extreme hunger satiated by drinking water. Swelling of the abdomen with tenderness. Worms in stool causing itching in rectum. Constipation accompanied by great flatulence. Diarrhea from fatty and rich foods. Stools appear white, clay like slimy in nature. Piles with pain and bleeding. Blood in stool colored dark and appears clotted.
- Female Reproductive System: Menses never on time may get early or late. Helpful in cases of menorrhagia with bleeding of dark and clotted blood. Menses of blood that appears black almost tar like. Discharge from vagina that appears white in color and is non abrasive, does not cause itching also. Vomiting in pregnancy of a white phlegm like material. Bunches felt in the mammary glands which appear soft and tender.
- Joints: Pain in joints accompanied by swelling and inflammation. Pain which is worse by movement and better at rest. Pain worse at night and by warmth. Pain in hands and fingers from exertion.
- Skin: Skin complaints accompanied by white bland discharges. Pimples and eruptions with vesicle like appearance and discharge of white material. Scaly eruptions such as dandruff on the scalp are benefited by this remedy. Eruptions appear flour like. Helpful in eruptions and skin complaints which have swelling and inflammation. It is of great use in cases of eczema as well. It can also be used as an external application in case of eruptions of skin complaints with burning pains.
What Dosage is to be taken of Kali muriaticum?
Unless otherwise recommended by your physician, Kali muriaticum tablet uses is to be taken twice a day. Adults can take up to four tablets in a day while children can take up to two in a day.
Does Kali muriaticum have any side effects?
No, it does not have any known side effects or complications but if you suffer from any chronic health issues then it is best to consult your physician before taking this remedy.
What are the indications for this remedy?
Kali muriaticum Uses include in cases where:
- Complaint that gets worse after eating fatty foods or foods that are too heavy and oil laden.
- Symptoms worse by movement especially pain in joints.
- Complaints accompanied by white, thick but non excoriating discharges.
- Complaints with a white or gray coating on the tongue.
- Skin complaints with white scaly eruptions.
- Respiratory complaints with white and thick discharges those are difficult to expectorate and cause great rattling when coughing.
To conclude, Kali muriaticum is an excellent remedy for complaints that are aggravated by movement and are better by rubbing. This remedy is also of use in complaints accompanied by a thick white discharge that is difficult to evacuate. There is a great desire to lie down in this remedy brought on by weakness and fatigue. Complaints are worse on the left side. There is nausea and vomiting accompanied by white and thick vomits. Skin complaints are better by scratching. There is a pain in joints worse at night and by the warmth of the bed or warm applications. The cough is so severe that it feels like the eyes would come out of their sockets. Cough of such intensity that it seems to arise from the stomach itself. Complaints that arise from ill effects of vaccinations and from injuries such as blows, burns, sprains and cuts. Complaints arise from the derangement of internal body functions. It is also an exclusive Tissue Remedy for epilepsy arising after suppressed skin eruptions and the second-best Tissue remedy for sprains.