In today’s world, people lead a very carefree life unaware of the effects of modernism that challenges health and other aspects of society. They care about the social status and approval of others so much that they lose their culture, traditions and sometimes their identities too in the process. This affects the psyche and physique of the people. Instead of taking care of things in a simpler way, they complicate things, especially health. In the past, home remedies and traditional medicines were given much importance but in the present scenario, people are more inclined towards expensive treatments and therapies.
There are very simple, low cost and effective medical systems such as Siddha, Ayurvedha and Homeopathy. Though it originated in Germany, homeopathy has found a strong foothold in our country to have gained consideration as one of the Indian Medical Systems. Homoeopathy is the second most used medical system in the world and is also the most debated, contradicted, conflicted, and criticized the system. Beyond all the hurdles that are thrown along its way, homeopathy remains a deeply rooted system that cannot be destroyed through hearsay and it is here to stay for a long time.
Read More Top 5 Myths about homeopathy
Here are some of the pros and cons of homeopathy
- Homeopathic medicines are very safe and effective. There are no known side effects and is safe for pregnant women and babies.
- These remedies can be taken along with other prescribed medications.
- It can be used for long-term chronic illnesses and is very effective with desired results.
- It is easy to dispense to children even infants since most medications come in the form of sweet globules, tiny tablets, or powders.
- Homeopathic medicines are obtained from natural sources like plants, roots, herbs, animals, insects, etc.
- Homeopathic medicines do not interact with each other or other medicines and can always be used with conventional medicine.
- Homeopathy does not just treat the symptom but also eliminates the root cause of the disease.
- They are not addictive and it is safe to take these medicines for the long term.
- Unlike other traditional and conventional medicines, it does not suppress the immune system.
- It treats the individual as a whole by considering all symptoms as one and tries to treat the cause instead of the symptoms of a disease.
Read More Finding the Right Homeopathic Treatment
- Homeopathic system has a vast number of medicines and the right remedy may not be available at some pharmacies. Especially some rare and uncommonly used medicines. But technology has made it possible that one can place online orders to get such rare remedies right to his/her home.
- There is no fixed medicine for a fixed disease condition or symptom. Hence finding the right remedy takes longer time than other systems of medicine. However, it has its own merit of a holistic approach.
- Though the number of graduates in the homeopathic system is encouraging, the relative research in the field is few as compared to other fields of medicine. However, with organisations like Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy, IITs, IISc, etc. it is taking a leap in recent decades.
- The efficiency of the medicines and their effect on all humans are not the same.
- There are many quacks in the field that are difficult to differentiate from professional homeopathic physicians. Many hobbies and amateur practitioners without valid degrees are also found.
- In case of emergency, homeopathy has a limited role.
Despite all the criticism and scepticism, homeopathy is the fastest-growing medicine system in the world. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), homeopathy is now the second-largest system of medicine in the world and is experiencing an annual growth of around 20 – 25%. Hence deciding whether to use homeopathy for treatment is one’s own choice.
The main goal of the physician is to cure the patient, so a healthy co-existence between homeopathy and conventional medicine has a better chance of bringing out what is good for a patient. For that, a mutual respect and complementary system is the much-needed solution which can achieve the goal of a proper and complete cure.
Homeopathic medicines online
Nowadays almost every homeopathic medicine produced is available online through many websites. Schwabe India’s products and Schwabe German products can be bought through many websites like www.schwabeindia.com, 1mg.com, Amazon, etc. Any medicine is better to be taken with a prescription and on the advice of the physician.