Gastritis is a condition where there is inflammation or erosion in the lining of the stomach. It can occur either suddenly or gradually. It is one of the common medical problems. The condition is diagnosed in as many as 10% of the patients seeking emergency medical care for abdominal pain.
Types of Gastritis
There are mainly two types of gastritis – acute and chronic.
1. Acute Gastritis – This type causes pain and swelling in the stomach and does not last for a long period of time or it goes away within a few days.
2. Chronic Gastritis – This refers to the condition lasting a longer period of time. Some may have chronic gastritis and not realize it because the signs are dull and not severe.
Many people with gastritis show no signs. The condition is diagnosed when samples of stomach mucosa are examined. But the most common signs include
- Pain in the abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
The severe form of gastritis includes –
- Blood vomiting
- Blood in the stool
The causes of gastritis may vary from chronic vomiting, excessive alcohol consumption, stress and use of certain medications. It may also be caused by infections caused by bacteria and viruses, backflow of bile in the stomach and bacteria in the mucous lining of the stomach. If it is left untreated, it can cause severe loss of blood and may increase the risk of developing stomach cancer.
Gastritis can be prevented by limiting and avoiding exposure to known factors such as anti-inflammatory drugs, tobacco, alcohol, etc. Other measures that can be helpful in reducing this condition are-
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Develop good eating habits (Avoid spicy foods)
- Regular exercise
- Reduce stress
- Quit smoking
Homeopathy Medicine For Gastritis
The treatment for gastritis depends on the cause of gastritis. It may also include some lifestyle changes Homeopathy Medicine For Gastritis is safe and effective by soothing your pain and other annoying symptoms. Some doctors say that homeopathy medicine for gastritis or any other disease is recommended for the overall symptoms of a person and not only the disease-related part. However, Some effective homeopathic medicines for gastritis are-
Another important thing to be noted is that professional homeopathic help offers improved therapeutic outcomes while dealing with stress, which is one of the major triggers for gastritis. Appropriate homeopathic medicines for gastritis with lifestyle and dietetic changes help to heal as well as prevent a recurrence.
- Increase your fluid intake drink plenty of water, and fruit and vegetable juice, derived from carrot, spinach, beet and cucumber
- Drink two cups of green tea [without milk and sugar], 20 minutes before meal-time to improve digestion
- Avoid eating cabbage and broccoli; they could trigger gas problems
- Avoid alcohol, colas, tea, coffee, hot and spicy food, and drugs such as aspirin; they may irritate your stomach lining and cause gastritis
- Eat small and frequent meals
- Quit smoking
- Take effective steps to control your stresses by way of yoga, meditation and other relaxation techniques, such as imagery
- Follow up with your homeopathic doctor on a regular basis.