Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is initially a group of lung diseases which are consecutive. It makes the situation critical, and it is tough to breathe. The damage of lungs over many years, mostly from smoking results in this disease. Experts say that it is a blend of two diseases:
- Bronchitis (chronic stage) Where the airways that carry the air to the lungs get inflamed and make a lot of mucus. The result is a narrow passage, blocked airways and difficult to breathe.
- Emphysema There are tiny air sacs in the lungs which look just like the balloons., While breathing, they become big or small to move the air through the lungs. But the condition in emphysema is different, here the air sacs are damaged and lose their natural skill of stretching and the passage of air shrinks.
So the appropriate amount of air is not able to get in and out of the lungs. And the results are you feel short of breath. The COPD gets worse with time, and you can’t regain the lost health of your lungs. It is most common in the people who are older than 60. The symptoms may be mild in the beginning, but they become crucial with shortness of breath and coughing. It can be controlled with homeopathic medicines.
What causes COPD?
- Breathing chemicals, dust, fumes, air pollution for over a long time.
- Secondhand smoke may also cause lung damage.
- An extended episode of a chronic cough
- Wheezing and tightness in the chest
- Loss of appetite
- Mucus that comes when you cough
- Shortness of breath while doing physical exertion.
- Weight loss
How to diagnose?
- A doctor can take physically examine your lungs
- Ask you a few questions about your past health
- Make you do breathing tests
- Do chest X-rays.
- The best way is to quit smoking. It is the best thing you can do to save your life. It is never too late to stop.
- Homeopathic medicines can help you breathe more easily. Ammonium carbonicum, Carbo veg, Arsenicum album, and Acidum sulphuricum leave positive effects on the respiratory system and helps it to deal with the damaged conditions.
- Though the damage caused is not reversible but it can be treated with these medicines. If left untreated it can become worse and cause heart failure. Homeopathy plays an essential role in clearing mucus, healing the inflammation, improving the breathing and strengthening the immune system.
- But the treatment can help you ease the symptoms.
- They lower the complications and improve the quality of life.
- It is good to avoid things that can irritate your lungs.
- It can bring pneumonia, so be careful.
- Use air filter in your home
- Do exercise to stay active for a long time
- Eat well, so you keep up the strength.