Dysentery • Useful in dysentery as a supportive medicine.
Biocombination No. 09
- Additional information
- For Information of doctors
- Safety Guidelines
- Important info
- Reviews 0
20 g, 25 g, 550 g
Indications: Pain when stools begin to pass. They contain mucus and blood. There is a constant urge to empty the bowels.
Increased frequency of stools may be due to ulceration of intestines caused by infection of dysentery bacillus or by amoeba (amoebic dysentery). They are commonly conveyed by infected food, water, by carriers, flies and infected persons due to low standards of hygiene.
(1) Apart from the above, the bacillary dysentery can further be classified according to the organism found on bacteriological examination such as Flexur, Shiga, etc. Whereas, the amoebic dysentery is due to single celled protozoan known as entamoeba histolytica, which has the capacity to form into small cysts. It can also pass to liver and given rise to liver abscesses.
(2) The symptoms vary in severity depending on the virulence of the organism. Common is diarrhoea with blood & mucus, temperature is raised and sometimes there is associated vomiting. If the attack is severe tongue will become dry and furred and dehydration will be apparent. Amoebic dysentery and its complications are relatively more common in India.
(3) Entamoeba histolytica is found in man in a vegetative form, which exhibits active amoeboid movements, and a non-motile cystic form. The vegetative forms invade the wall of the colon producing ulcers with undermined edges separated from each other by areas of healthy mucosa. From the colon the amoebae may be carried in a portal bloodstream to the liver to cause amoebic hepatitis or so-called amoebic abscesses. In the lumen of the gut the amoebae encyst and develop a tough outer envelope; it is these cysts passing out in the faeces, which are infective to other humans. If amoebae are swallowed they are destroyed by the digestive juices of the upper alimentary tract, but the cysts are able to survive until they reach the large bowel, where they develop into the mature vegetative form.
(4) Acute Amoebic Dysentery: This is usually more insidious in its onset than bacillary dysentery and there is less fever and constitutional upset. The patient complains of lower abdominal colic and has frequent loose motions containing blood and mucus.
(5) Chronic Amoebic Colitis: Many patients never develop acute dysenteric symptoms, but pass rather gradually into a state of vague ill-health; they lose weight, complain of general tiredness and irritability and suffer recurrent exacerbations at varying intervals in which they pass a number of loose motions, usually in the morning, with a good deal of colic and flatulence. The stools usually contain mucus but no blood.
Composition: Ferrum phosphoricum 3x, Kalium muriaticum 3x, Kalium phosphoricum 3x and Magnesium phosphoricum 3x in equal proportion.
Proven indication of the ingredients within the claimed sphere of action:
Ferrum phosphoricum: It is indicated in first stage of dysentery where stools are watery with or without blood and undigested food. There may be inflammation and low grade of fever.
Kalium muriaticum: It is indicated for clay coloured, white or slimy stools with or without blood. Symptoms are worse due to fatty and rich food.
Kalium phosphoricum: It is indicated in dysentery where stools consist of pure (bright) blood, patient becomes delirious, abdomen swells and stools may have appearance of rice water.
Magnesium phosphoricum: It is a known antispasmodic drug for flatulent colic, pain, enteralgia relieved by pressure and warmth.
Contra-indication: None. It can be used along with other medicines and measures. Dosage: As usual. Presentation: As usual.
Alcohol: There is no reported safety concern if it is taken with alcohol.
Pregnancy: It is safe to take during pregnancy.
Driving: It is safe to use during driving.
Breastfeeding/Lactation: It can be used while breastfeeding.
Kidney: There is no known contraindication with kidney diseases.
Sugar: It does not affect blood sugar levels.
Immunity: It will not affect the immunity of an individual.
Liver: It is safe for the liver.
High blood pressure/Hypertension: It is safe to use in patients with hypertension.
Low blood pressure: It will not lower the blood pressure.
Heart: It does not contain any ingredient which will affect the heart.
Mentally retarded: There is no known contraindication with mentally retarded persons.
Post covid impacts: There is no known contraindication with post covid impacts.
Diarrhea: It will not cause any diarrhea.
Gastric: There are no known effects on the gastrointestinal system.
Empty stomach: It is preferably to be taken after a meal.
Skin allergy: There is no skin allergy when using Biocombination No.09.
Habit: It is not a habit-forming product.
Overdose: In case of overdose, drinks lots of water or consult a physician.
Storage: It has to be stored in a cool dark place, away from sunlight and strong-smelling substances.
Temperature: The temperature should be 25 degrees centigrade.
Biocombination No.09 is the homeopathic preparation which is composed of Ferrum phosphoricum, Kali muriaticum, Kali phosphoricum, and Magnesium phosphoricum in equal proportion. It is indicated in dysentery.
Yes, it is suitable for children.
It has to be taken as long as the symptoms are better or till the improvement sets in or otherwise as prescribed by the physician.
Yes, it is safe to take Biocombination No.09.
No, it will not cause dryness in the mouth.
Biocombination No.09 is used effectively for the complaints of amoebic dysentery, chronic amoebic colitis, and dysentery caused by entamoeba histolytica. Ferrum phosphoricum is indicated in the first stage of dysentery where stools are watery with or without blood and undigested food. Kali muriaticum is indicated for clay-colored, white, or slimy stools with or without blood. Kali phosphoricum is indicated in dysentery where stools consist of pure blood and stools are rice watery. Magnesium phosphoricum is a known antispasmodic drug for flatulent colic and enteralgia.
It has to be taken as 4 tablets for adults, and 2 tablets for children, at a time, four times a day at intervals of three hours or as prescribed by the physician.
Biocombination No.09 is prepared from important tissue remedies such as Ferrum phosphoricum, Kalium muriaticum, Kalium phosphoricum, and Magnesium phosphoricum. Ferrum phosphoricum is indicated for the first stage of peritonitis, hemorrhoids, stools watery and blood with undigested food. It is also a remedy for the first stage of dysentery where the stool contains blood. Kalium muriaticum is indicated in dysentery and diarrhea where the stool is clay-colored, white, or slimy stools and dysentery is slimy, bleeding, blood dark and thick, and hemorrhoids. Kalium phosphoricum is indicated in diarrhea which is a foul, putrid odor caused by fright, depression, and exhaustion. It is indicated in dysentery in which the stools contain pure blood, the patient becomes delirious and the abdomen is swollen. The stools are rice watery in appearance. Magnesium phosphoricum is indicated in enteralgia relieved by pressure, flatulent colic, forcing the patient to bend to double, relieved by rubbing, warmth, and pressure accompanied by belching of gas which gives no relief.
No side effects have been reported so far.
No precautions are necessary.
It is not a problem if you skip a few doses, but don’t take double doses.
Alpha-DP, Natrum phosphoricum, Kali phosphoricum, Aloe socotrina MT.
Each tablet of Biocombination No.09 contains Ferrum phosphoricum 3X 25mg, Kali muriaticum 3X 25mg, Kali phosphoricum 3X 25mg, and Magnesium phosphoricum 3X 25mg.
Manufactured in India by Dr. Willmar Schwabe India Pvt. Ltd. A-36, Sector-60, Uttar Pradesh, Noida – 201304.
Country of Origin: India.
Registered office Address: Dr. Willmar Schwabe India Pvt. Ltd. H-36, Green Park Extension, New Delhi, Pin: 110016.
Expiry: 5 years for the date of manufacturing.