Schwabe News Volume 1 | Issue 1 | October 2010
Thyroidinum 3x Tablets
Indications: Hypothyroidism and its symptoms like general and muscular weakness, easy fatigue, sensitive to cold, digestive problems, obesity, mood changes, migraine, goitre, etc.
Thyroid gland secrets hormones thyroxine (T4) and Triiodothyronine (T3), through which it controls several functions of body such as using energy, making proteins, response to other hormones, etc.1 Deficiency of thyroid hormone, which is known as hypothyroidism, may affect all body functions and the severity range from mild subclinical states to severe myxoedema. Hypothyroidism may be due to primary disease of the thyroid gland or lack of thyroid stimulating hormone from the pituitary gland. Symptoms of hypothyroidism are of wide range including weakness, fatigue, cold intolerance, constipation, weight change, depression, menorrhagia, dry skin, bradycardia, anaemia, etc.2
Thyroidinum is a proved homoeopathic drug.3 It is officially covered by Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of India.4 This remedy has long been used in homoeopathy to treat the symptoms of hypothyroidism, which covers most of the symptoms mentioned above such as general and muscular weakness, easy fatigue, sensitive to cold, digestive problems, obesity, mood changes, etc. It is also found beneficial in migraine in which there is an insufficiency of thyroid gland. This drug exercises a general regulating influence over the mechanism of the organs of nutrition, growth and development. It is useful in goitre, especially of exophthalmic type. Hence, the benefits of thyroidinum 3X benefits are many..5,6,7
250 mg tablets of Schwabe’s Thyroidinum 3x can be used alone or as supplement to other medicines.
Dosage of thyroidinum 3x:: Unless otherwise prescribed, 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day. Children should be given one tablet twice daily and when symptoms improve 1 tablet a day. If complaints are not relieved, consult a specialist.
Side effects: No side effects of Schwabe’s Thyroidinum 3x are known.
Contraindications: No contra-indications for the use of Schwabe’s Thyroidinum 3x are known.
Interactions: No interactions between Schwabe’s Thyroidinum 3x and other products are known.
Presentation: Bottle of 20gm.
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyroid.
- Stephen J. McPhee et.al., Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment, Mc Graw Hill, 49th Edition, 2010.
- M. Panos, R. Rogers, J. Stephenson, Research Committee of the American Institute of Homoeopathy, 1963-64, as mentioned by O. A. Julian in Materia Medica of New Homoeopathic Remedies.
- Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of India, Volume 3, 1978, Department of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- A. L. Blackwood, A Manual of Materia Medica, Therapeutics and Pharmacology.
- R. Murphy, Homoeopathic Remedy Guide [RADAR Version].
- W. Boericke, Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica.