Colic • Useful for colic in both children and adults.
Biocombination No. 03
- Additional information
- For Information of doctors
- Safety Guidelines
- Important info
- Reviews 0
20 g, 25 g, 550 g
home remedies for colic,
homeopathic medicine for colic,
colic pain in children,
colic in children
Indications: Colic of infants that cause them to draw up their legs, especially during the examination. Colic of children and adults from blockage of intestines caused by the flatulence of constipation with the formation of gas. Spasmodic pains cause the patient to double up.
There is no general agreement either about the mechanism of abdominal pain or its classification. The traditional classification of abdominal pain is visceral and somatic types. Certain types of pain are sufficiently characteristic of being of great value in diagnosis.
1) Colic arising in the colon, is a term applied to painful spasms in any hollow muscular viscus, usually due to partial or complete obstruction of its lumen. Intestinal colic is a spasmodic pain, coming in a succession of waves, which rise to a peak of intensity and then subside. Renal and biliary colic, however, may persist at a steady and very severe level for an hour or more. Warmth applied to the abdomen helps to relieve it. There may be associated vomiting. Colic is usually poorly localised, but small intestine spasm is felt mainly in the centre of the abdomen, and large intestine colic is felt in the lower abdomen. Renal colic is felt in the loin radiating to the groin and testicle on the same side as well as radiating to the back. Biliary colic is felt in the right upper quadrant or epigastrium sometimes radiating through to the back. Uterine colic has in the lower abdomen pain of mild nature.
2) Colic must be distinguished from pain due to other serious causes. Pain due to inflammation of the peritoneum, on the other hand, is a sharp steady severe pain accurately localised over the site of the inflammation. Pressure on the area causes tenderness and reflex spasms in the overlying muscles, and the pain is aggravated by movement.
3) Patients with acute appendicitis provide a different picture. In the early stages when there is obstruction and consequent spasm in the appendix, the patient has colicky pain vaguely referred to the area around the umbilicus, and he frequently vomits at the outset; but in a few hours, when inflammation has developed in the appendix and spread to involve the peritoneum, the pain becomes sharper and shifts to the right lilac fossa directly over the site.
4) Pain and tenderness occur in the liver when its capsule is acutely stretched by sudden distension of the organ, as in congestive cardiac failure; and in the spleen when there is inflammation in its peritoneal covering, as by an infarct extending to the surface. The role of Bioplasgen/Biocombination in Colic is to reduce spasmodic pains and muscular cramps. It can be used in other serious conditions along with the specific medicine for the presented pathology.
Composition: Magnesium phosphoricum 3x, Calcarea phosphorica 3x Natrum sulphuricum 3x and Ferrum phosphorica
Proven indications of the ingredients within the claimed sphere of action:
Magnesium phosphoricum: It is a constituent of muscles, nerves, bone and brain (grey substance) spine, sperms and blood corpuscles. It is antispasmodic relieving cramping muscles and radiating pains. It is helpful in neuralgic pain where warmth helps. Flatulent colic and constipation are also covered by this drug.
Calcarea phosphorica: It is a constituent of blood plasma, corpuscles, saliva, gastric juice bones, connective tissues, teeth, milk etc. Pathogenesis covers colicky pain in abdomen, soreness, and burning around the navel.
Natrum sulphuricum: It is a constituent of intercellular fluids and is indicated in duodenal catarrh, vomiting of bile, pain in the region of the liver and flatulent colic.
Ferrum phosphoricum: It is a constituent of haemoglobin, in each tissue and cell. It is indicated in inflammatory conditions, abdominal inflammations and even in the initial stages of peritonitis. There are symptoms of vomiting of undigested food and sour eructation.
Contra-indication: Nil. It is a safe, non-toxic, non-addictive medicine with no reported side effects.
Dosage: Adults 4 tablets, children 2 tablets, at a time, four times a day at intervals of three hours.
Presentation: Tablets 100 mg in bottles of 20g.
Alcohol: There is no reported safety concern if it is taken with alcohol.
Pregnancy: It is safe to take during pregnancy.
Driving: It is safe to use during driving.
Breastfeeding/Lactation: It can be used while breastfeeding.
Kidney: There is no known contraindication with kidney diseases.
Liver: It is safe for the liver.
Sugar: It does not affect blood sugar levels.
Immunity: It will not affect the immunity of an individual.
High blood pressure/Hypertension: It is safe to use in patients with hypertension.
Low blood pressure: It will not lower the blood pressure.
Heart: It does not contain any ingredient which will affect the heart.
Mentally retarded: There is no known contraindication with mentally retarded persons.
Post covid impacts: There is no known contraindication with post covid impacts.
Diarrhea: It will not cause any diarrhea.
Gastric: There are no known effects on the gastrointestinal system.
Empty stomach: It is preferably to be taken after a meal.
Skin allergy: There is no skin allergy when using Biocombination No.03.
Habit: It is not a habit-forming product.
Overdose: In case of overdose, drinks lots of water or consult a physician.
Storage: It has to be stored in a cool dark place, away from sunlight and strong-smelling substances.
Temperature: The temperature should be 25 degrees centigrade.
Biocombination No.03 is a homeopathic medicine prepared from four important biochemic remedies like Magnesium phosphoricum, Calcarea phosphorica, Natrum sulphuricum, and Ferrum phosphoricum in equal proportions and is effective in the treatment of colic.
Yes, it is suitable for children.
It has to be taken as long as the symptoms are better or the improvement sets in or otherwise as prescribed by the physician.
Yes, it is safe to use Biocombination No.03.
No, it will not cause dryness in the mouth.
Biocombination No.03 is useful for colic in children and adults due to constipation and the formation of gas. The obstruction of the intestines can also be the cause of colic which is relieved by the use of this medicine. Magnesium phosphoricum acts as an anti-spasmodic which helps in relieving pain and cramps. Flatulence and constipation are also covered by this drug. Calcarea phosphorica covers the colicky pain in the abdomen, soreness, and burning around the navel. Natrum sulphuricum is indicated in duodenal catarrh, vomiting of bile, pain in the liver region, and flatulent colic. Ferrum phosphoricum is indicated in inflammatory conditions, abdominal inflammations, and initial stages of peritonitis.
It should be taken as 4 tablets for adults and 2 tablets for children, at a time, four times a day at the interval of three hours or as prescribed by the physician.
Biocombination No.03 is the combination of four important biochemic medicines Magnesium phosphoricum, Calcarea phosphorica, Natrum sulphuricum, and Ferrum phosphoricum. Magnesium phosphoricum is indicated in enteralgia, and flatulent colic, forcing the patient to bend double, relieved by pressure, and warmth accompanied by belching of gas, which gives no relief. The abdomen is bloated, full sensation in the abdomen, must loosen clothing, walk about, and constantly pass flatus. Calcarea phosphorica is a remedy for children and infants who wants to be nursed all the time and vomit easily. There is great hunger with much flatulence relieved by sour eructations, heartburn, at every attempt to eat, colicky pain in the abdomen, sunken and flabby appearance, and colic with soreness and burning around the navel.
Ferrum phosphoricum is indicated in the initial stages of peritonitis, hemorrhoids, and watery, bloody and undigested stools. It is useful in the first stage of dysentery with blood in discharges. Natrum sulphuricum is indicated in duodenal catarrh, hepatitis, icterus, vomiting of bile, the sensitivity of the liver which is sore to touch, sharp, stitching pains due to which the patient cannot bear tight clothing around the waist, and pain is worse lying on the left side. It is indicated in flatulency, wind colic in ascending colon, and worse before breakfast. There is a burning sensation in the abdomen and anus, bruised pain and urging to stool, along with diarrhoea that has yellow, watery stools.
No side effects are reported so far.
No precautions are necessary.
It is not a problem if you skip a few doses, but avoid taking double doses.
Magnesium phosphoricum, Colocynthis CH, Chamomilla CH, and Colikind.
Each tablet of Biocombination No.03 contains Magnesium phosphoricum 3X 25mg, Calcarea phosphorica 3X 25mg, Natrum sulphuricum 3X 25mg and Ferrum phosphoricum 3X 25mg.
Manufactured in India by Dr. Willmar Schwabe India Pvt. Ltd. A-36, Sector-60, Uttar Pradesh, Noida – 201304.
Country of Origin: India.
Registered office Address: Dr. Willmar Schwabe India Pvt. Ltd. H-36, Green Park Extension, New Delhi, Pin: 110016.
Expiry: 5 years for the date of manufacturing.