Muscular aches and pains due to injuries / wounds
The muscle aches and pains are very commonly reported by many. The ligaments, tendons, and fascia can be involved along with the various muscles of the body. The fascia is the soft tissue, its primary purpose is to connect muscles, bones, and organs. Muscle aches are also commonly known as myalgia. The discomfort is experienced by almost everyone in any muscles, at some point in their life cycle. Because almost each part of the body is composed of muscle tissue, therefore the pain can be felt practically at anyplace. However, there is no proper justification for muscle aches and pains. While overexploitation or injury at a localized area of the muscles is supposed to be a prime reason for ongoing suffering, often muscle pains are related to tension and stress. Activity is causing pain. It can also imply that some covert pathological conditions are affecting your body. For exemplar, infections (like the flu) and disorders of connective tissues (such as anemia or lupus) can contribute to muscle pain.
Causes of muscle aches/pain: Some of the most common causes for muscles ache include: muscle tension or stress, over-straining during physical activity, trauma to the muscle during physical activity or exercise(skipping, warm-ups and cool-downs) including sprains and strains, nutrition defects, dehydration, sleep deficiency, certain drugs like ACE inhibitors for lowering blood pressure, cocaine,etc.
Stress, tension, and physical activity are not the only cause of all muscle aches. Some pathological conditions that contribute to muscle aches include:
- Electrolyte imbalance, (hypokalemia or imbalance of potassium or calcium in the body)
- Fibromyalgia (tenderness in the muscles and surrounding soft tissue, along with sleep difficulties, fatigue, and recurrent headaches)
- Infections,(including the flu, Lyme disease, malaria, muscle abscess, polio, trichinosis)
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Myofascial pain syndrome, causing inflammation in the fascia
- Multiple sclerosis
- Autoimmune disorders such as lupus, dermatomyositis, and polymyositis
- Thyroid disorders, including hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism
Related symptoms of muscle ache
- Stiffness and weakness of affected area
- Difficulty breathing
Precaution and home care strategies for muscle aches:
- Rest is the foremost remedy for muscle ache/pain due to overuse or injury. To ameliorate pain and reduce inflammation apply ice during the first 24 to 72 hours, after that, heat application often provides a more soothing effect.
- Muscle aches due to fibromyalgia often respond very well to massage therapy and gentle stretching exercises.
- Yoga and meditation are excellent ways to relax. Be sure to get plenty of sleep.
- Regular exercise like walking, cycling, swimming, aerobic activities can help restore a proper muscle tone. Be sure to stretch and warm-up before exercising and cool down afterward.
- A physical therapy to relax, stretch, toning to help you feel better and stay pain-free.
- A compression bandage can be used to help reduce swelling and elevation of the feet, if possible, to minimize inflammation.
- Be sure to avoid high-impact exercises, aerobic activities, and weight lifting while in pain or after a trauma.
- Drink plenty of fluids before, during, and after exercise. Add protein to your diet.
- If you have a sedentary lifestyle and most of your day is spent sitting (sitting at a computer), take regular breaks and stretch at least every hour.
- The home care and precautions are only for management for muscle pain. For permanent relief, you may need to be seen at a specialized pain clinic. If the muscle aches are due to a specific disease, follow the advice of your doctor to treat the underlying condition.
When to Visit a Medical Professional
- The muscle pain that lasts more than 3 days.
- Severe and unexplained pain.
- Sign of infection, such as swelling or redness around the tender and sore muscle.
- Poor circulation in the affected area for example in the legs).
- Muscle ache after a tick bite or a rash.
- Muscle ache/pain after starting or changing doses of a medicine,
- A sudden weight gain, water retention, or frequent urinating less than usual.
- Breathing difficulty or have difficulty swallowing along with the complaint of tenderness in the body.
- Muscle weakness or difficulty to move the body or body parts.
- Vomiting, or stiffness neck
- High fever with body aches.
- The doctor will perform a physical examination and ask questions a few questions regarding the muscle pain, such as about its appearance, time duration, location, sensation, any time modality, any aggravating factors, accompanying symptoms, if any.
- Diagnostic lab tests that may be done include:
- Complete blood count (CBC) with ESR
- Other blood tests include checking muscle enzymes (creatine kinase) and a test for Lyme disease or a connective tissue disorder, thyroid hormone test.
Homeopathic Treatment for muscle aches due to injury:
It accelerates the healing process and minimizes the tenderness, swelling of the affected area gently. Best cream for abrasions, cuts or open wounds. It also promotes the reabsorption of blood in case of internal bleeding. It can be applied directly to the desired area or under a bandage /tape to secure the wound. Traumatic wounds, bruises, sprains, contusions, muscle ache, and stiffness are ameliorated mildly after the practical application of this homeopathic cream to locally. Allays muscle ache, soreness, stiffness and provides relief from agony after overuse and stress. Effectively controls swelling around the joints. This elite homeopathic product as antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties to fight infection, swelling, and pain. It ameliorates pain and encourages healthy healing.
Ruta Graveolens: Apart from Arnica Ruta Graveolens is a useful homeopathic alternative for muscle ache for injury after stress or overuse. It is often found useful in alleviating muscle tenderness due to implicit pathology. A well-suited medicine for rheumatic pains, muscle strains, muscle pull or stiff joints. It can be suggested in the case where injury to muscle or tissue around the joint, bone. Sciatica and injury to the periosteum, the first medicine which is often prescribed is RUTA.