Schwabe India products have different ranges including Alpha Range, Kindi Range, Pentarkan Range, Topi Range and Other Specialities. Under other specialties, Tussistin Plus Cough Syrup is one of the best selling products of Schwabe India.
Cough is the top reason for which people visit a doctor. Cough is a defense mechanism of the body. It helps to expel out foreign material from the respiratory tract, such as inhaled dirt or food.
If a cough lasts for less than three weeks, it is an acute cough. Most episodes of cough resolve or improve within two weeks. If a cough lasts for more than eight weeks, it is called a chronic cough and can indicate something more serious.
COMMON CAUSES OF COUGH
The common triggers of cough are:-
- Microbes – Flu and colds caused by the bacteria and viruses are the most common cause of causes of cough. They help to expel out the mucus from the lungs. At times dry cough remains after a cold. It is because coughing irritates the lungs and leads to further coughing.
- Allergies and asthma – In this, the body tries to expel out the irritant to which the lungs tend to overreact.
- Irritants- In this irritant such as cigarette fumes, perfumes, or cold air to which although the body is not allergic, they are expelled out.
- Postnasal drip – When someone has colds, sinus infection, allergies, or other such nasal problems, mucus from the nose dribbles down from nose to the throat and excites cough.
- Acid reflux – In this, the increased acid produced in the stomach gets back into the throat, especially when one is lying down at night, which can irritate the windpipe and trigger cough.
- Miscellaneous – Other problems such as sleep apnoea or side effects of drugs can also trigger a cough.
PREVENTION OF COUGH
Some of the ways by which cough can be prevented include:-
- Quit smoking
- Diet- According to studies, a diet rich in fruit, fiber and flavonoids help to prevent cough.
- To avoid cough due to germs, one should avoid sharing items such as pillows, utensils, etc. with an infected person and wash one’s hand before eating.
- To avoid cough due to medical condition such as from acid reflux, it is advisable to get such conditions treated at the earliest possible.
MANAGEMENT OF COUGH
Most cases of cough resolve within a week or two and are harmless. But at times, severe cough can lead to complications such as tiredness, dizziness, headache and, in rare cases, fractured ribs. These complications are temporary and disappear when the cough ceases. If a cough is due to some underlying pathology, then the condition should be treated at the earliest possible or else the cough is not likely to resolve on its own.
Following steps can be observed at home to manage and soothe in case of cough:-
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water.
- While sleeping elevate your head with extra pillows.
- Use warm saline water regularly for gargles, to help remove dirt and mucus from the throat.
- Avoid exposure to irritants like smoke, dust, or strong perfumes.
- Add honey and ginger to hot tea/ water to relieve cough and clear air passage.
- One can inhale steam to unblock the nose and ease breathing.
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT OF COUGH
Homeopathy can treat the annoying problem of cough in an effective way without causing any side effects, which are commonly seen due to the use of antibiotics and anti-allergic medicines. Best homeopathic medicine for cough is the one most similar to disease manifestation. For this, a trained homeopathic physician takes a detailed case history of a patient, especially in chronic cases of cough. He tries to elicit symptoms belonging to both mental and physical sphere and prescribe medicine most similar to cause and effects in each case. One can also use safe and trusted homeopathic cough syrup with ginger made by Schwabe to help resolve his cough problem. This Homoeopathic ginger cough syrup is made using genuine raw materials and precise guidelines as given in pharmacopeia.
Common homeopathic medicines for cough are:-
Antimonium Tartaricum- It is indicated for a cough with the rattling of mucus but little or no expectoration. Associated with this are drowsiness, debility and much sweat.
Bryonia Alba- It is suited for a dry and hard cough that becomes worse with the onset of summers or on entering a warm room. There may be a headache from coughing. Associated with this cough, there is dry and parched lips and mouth with excessive thirst for large quantities of water at long intervals.
Drosera Rotundifolia- It is suitable for whooping cough with the paroxysms following each other rapidly that the person can scarcely breathe. There may be associated retching and bleeding from nose and mouth. Sensation as if crumbs or feather is in the throat is characteristic of this medicine.
Rumex Crispus- It is suitable for a dry and teasing cough that becomes worse from inspiring cool air and at night, thus preventing sleep.
Spongia Toasta- It is suitable for dry cough with dryness of larynx and hoarseness. This cough abates after eating or drinking, especially warm drinks.