The efficacy and safety profile of natural products were recognised from time immemorial. With the availability of standardised products from the newly established Dr. Willmar Schwabe’s Central Homoeopathic Dispensary and his publication of Pharmacopoeia Homoeopathica Polyglotta, Schwabe´s work gained world-wide recognition. As stated elsewhere in the website Pharmacopoeia Homoeopathica Polyglotta was translated into many languages. In 1934, a new edition was published as the official "Deutsches Homöopatisches Arzneibuch" (German Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia), which is now incorporated into the homoeopathic section of the official German Pharmacopoeia.
In 1898, the first company abroad was founded in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The founder’s successor Dr. Willmar Schwabe II had taken over the company management in 1917. In the year 1926, the organisation had moved to a new premise in Leipzig. Then in 1935 the company management had passed to Dr. Willmar Schwabe III and Dr. Wolfgang Schwabe. In 1946, the headquarters of Schwabe group was relocated from Leipzig to Karlsruhe.
Significant increase for the demand of homoeopathic products in middle of the 20th century from all over the world had lead to the creation of a separate division for homoeopathic products. So in 1961, the Deutsche Homöopathie-Union (DHU) was founded to handle manufacturing and distribution of homoeopathic medicines, while the Schwabe parent company continued to focus all its research and development activities on herbal products. In 1976, Dr. Klaus-Peter Schwabe became the managing director and Dr. Wolf-Dietrich Schwabe became in 1977. From 1980 onwards, numerous takeovers, acquisitions and joint ventures have taken place all over the world, which are given under ‘Acquisitions’.
Today, the fourth generation still continues the family traditions of the company.
Copyright 2016.Dr. Willmar Schwabe India Pvt. Ltd.. All Rights Reserved.