Chikungunya – Prevent it
Symptoms observed during the epidemic
- Pain in joints: worse from motion, during night
- Pain in extremities: worse from motion, during night
- Fever: morning, evening, before mid‑night, night with chill; fever with chill; no perspiration
- Headache: forehead, temple; bursting, throbbing; worse from motion, during night
- Coated tongue: white, yellow; dryness of tongue
- Dryness of mouth with: thirst; thirstlessness. Bitter taste in mouth
- Diminished appetite. Nausea
- Thirst: during chill, heat; for large quantity; at long interval; often and extreme
- Complaint worse during motion; feels better while perspiring
- Pain sore, bruised
- Prevention from mosquito bites is the key. Eliminating mosquito breeding sites is another key prevention measure.
- Prevention is similar to those for other viral diseases transmitted by mosquitoes, such as dengue:
- Use insect repellent containing DEET, Picaridin, oil of lemon eucalyptus on exposed skin. Always follow the directions on the package.
- Wear long sleeves and pants (ideally treat clothes with permethrin or another repellent).
- Have secure screens on windows and doors to keep mosquitoes out.
- Additionally, a person with chikungunya fever should limit his exposure to mosquito bites to avoid further spreading the infection. The person should use repellents when outdoors exposed to mosquito bites or stay indoors in areas with screens or under a mosquito net.
Bryonia alba 30CH 5 drops in the morning empty stomach thrice a week till the time the prevalence of epidemic continued in the area.
Fist-Aid homoeopathic treatment:2,3,4,5
1. Bryonia alba 200CH 5 drops morning before breakfast
2. Polyporus pinicola 200CH 5 drops afternoon before lunch
3. Rhus toxicodendron 200CH 5 drops night before dinner
Note: In case of severe acute conditions, it is to repeat the doses more frequently in the given order.
Once improvement occurs, please consult the physician immediately.
Post Chikungunya Arthritis
Are you suffering from Post Chikungunya Arthritis? - Manage effectively by safe homoeopathic medicines
- Bryonia alba 30CH: Joint pains worsen from motion.
- Polyporus pinicola 30CH: Severe pain in shin bones, restless at night from pain in wrists and knee.
- Viola odorata 30CH: Pain in small joints, especially finger joints.
- Rhus toxicodendron 30CH: Joint pain better by movement.
Dose: 5 drops of indicated medicine(s) 2-3 times a day or as directed by the physician
- Indian Journal of Research in Homoeopathy
- Gyandas G. Wadhwani, Directorate of ISM & Homeopathy, Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi, India.
- Dr. B. Srinivas Kakkilaya, Chikungunya: Is there any alternative?
- Dr. V. Krishnamurthy, Advanced Homoeopathic Practice.
- Dr Sunila, Chikungunya – Homeopathic Prevention and Management, HomeoBook.com